On Ep. 69 of iPullRank’s Rankable Podcast, Garrett Sussman hosts John Murch, Director of Software Engineering at iPullRank to discuss web scraping, SEO data, and new Google SERPs.
John Murch is a Pittsburgh-based developer who stumbled into SEO while building WordPress websites in 2005. He has worked with small and large clients both as a consultant and in-house.
John enjoys coding ideas and is currently Director of Software Engineering at iPullRank.
He’s been featured on OnCrawl and GrepWords, including producing tutorials on Injecting Search Volume into Google Search Console and Creating a Slack App for Quick Keyword Search Volume.
The SERPs are changing. We’re seeing all sorts of advanced rich snippets that are sourcing data from a variety of sites to significantly change the look, feel, and interactivity of Google results. John joined us to discuss what type of advanced SERP features he’s been seeing, how it might impact SEO, and what we can do to prepare accordingly.
In this episode, we also covered:
- Are SEOs even thinking about pixel height when it comes to SEO rank tracking?
- What to look for when building a bot to scrape SERP data.
- What are some of the limitations of web scrapers for SEO?
- What to look for in an SEO data provider.
- What do you define as a ‘good’ data pipeline for reporting?
Check out our Modern Approach to Enterprise Content Strategy Guide:
- March Core Update and Orbitwise – Episode 58 – The SEO Weekly - March 20, 2023
- What’s GPT-4 Got To Do With It? – Episode 57 – The SEO Weekly - March 13, 2023
- SEO Fails and Fairy Tales – Episode 56 – The SEO Weekly - March 6, 2023