On Ep. 65 of iPullRank‘s Rankable Podcast, Garrett Sussman hosts Patrick Stox, Product Advisor, Technical SEO, & Brand Ambassador of Ahrefs, to discuss the topic of how do you prioritize what to tackle in technical SEO.
Patrick is an organizer for the Raleigh SEO Meetup (the most successful SEO Meetup in the US), the Beer and SEO Meetup, and the Raleigh SEO Conference. He also runs a Technical SEO Slack group and is a moderator for /r/TechSEO on Reddit. Patrick was the lead author for the SEO chapter of the Web Almanac.
He also likes to share random SEO knowledge in Twitter threads he calls Uncommon SEO Knowledge. He’s a well-known conference speaker, industry blogger (mostly on the Ahref’s blog these days), judge of search awards, and he helped define the role of Search Marketing Strategist for the US Department of Labor.
Patrick shared his framework for how he works on high-impact tactics on his SEO road map. In this episode, we cover:
- As a TechSEO, when you tackle a new website, what technical issues are you trying to surface first?
- How do you approach road-mapping low-hanging fruit versus larger projects?
- Where do TechSEOs go wrong with prioritization?
- What are some of the most common missed opportunities in TechSEO that you see?
- His thoughts on the upcoming Desktop Update for Page Experience? Is it going to make waves or be a blip?
Check out our Modern Enterprise SEO Guide:
- Don’t Piss Off the SEO Community – Episode 78 – The SEO Weekly - November 30, 2023
- Buckle Up SEOs: 2024 GenAI Predictions – Episode 77 – The SEO Weekly - November 17, 2023
- Your 2024 Boring (and Ridiculous) Generative AI & SEO Predictions - November 14, 2023