Welcome to Episode 63 of iPullRank’s Rankable Podcast, where we discuss various hot topics in the world of SEO and digital marketing.
John Doherty, Founder and CEO of Credo, to discuss the topic “The Hiring Equation for Marketing”
John has almost a decade of experience in SEO and online marketing. Before starting Credo, he ran marketing/growth for HotPads and Trulia Rentals, part of the Zillow Group family of real estate brands.
He now connects businesses with marketing agencies and understands the key ingredients that make for a successful marketing hire. He understands the challenges around making the right hires internally. In this interview, John shared some of his key processes to get hiring right, save time, and save you a lot of future headaches.
We also discussed:
- What analytics and business metrics that you need to understand before hiring for marketing
- How to create a hiring funnel (much like a marketing funnel)
- The cadence for testing new marketing channels (John’s Blog Post on Starting Marketing referenced in the episode)
- Key tactics for agency lead generation and success
Also, check out Credo’s 2021 Digital Marketing Agency Pricing Survey
Check out our Modern Enterprise SEO Guide:
- March Core Update and Orbitwise – Episode 58 – The SEO Weekly - March 20, 2023
- What’s GPT-4 Got To Do With It? – Episode 57 – The SEO Weekly - March 13, 2023
- SEO Fails and Fairy Tales – Episode 56 – The SEO Weekly - March 6, 2023