On Ep. 66 of iPullRank‘s Rankable Podcast, Garrett Sussman hosts Mordy Oberstein, Head of Communications at Semrush, to discuss the topic of how SEO data can be used to inform your strategy effectively.
Mordy is the Head of Communications at Semrush. He also sits behind the mic as both the host of and a contributor to multiple SEO podcasts. He‘s also one of the organizers of #SEOchat on Twitter and a popular industry author writing for Search Engine Land, Search Engine Journal, etc.
There’s a ton of SEO data available these days.
Google provides API access to Google Search Console. Google’s Keyword Planner offers search volume. 3rd party tools (like Semrush) can help pull together keyword intent classifications, backlink metrics, technical SEO insights, etc.
What do we do with all of this info?
How do you use it in the right context and what happens if you’re interpreting it incorrectly?
In this episode, we also covered:
- Not getting distracted by zero search volume
- How to think about E-A-T in your strategy
- Can you win a SERP purely with content and no brand authority or backlinks?
- Why not use copycat content?
- The relationship between content and SEO
Check out our Modern Enterprise SEO Guide:
- Buckle Up SEOs: 2024 GenAI Predictions – Episode 77 – The SEO Weekly - November 17, 2023
- Your 2024 Boring (and Ridiculous) Generative AI & SEO Predictions - November 14, 2023
- Why Do Big Brands Dominate SERPs? – Episode 76 – The SEO Weekly - November 9, 2023